Extension Beef Cattle Program
2021 Upcoming Events
Mineral Nutrition for the Beef Cow Herd Webinars
Tuesday June 8th- Tuesday June 22nd
South Dakota State University (SDSU) Extension, North Dakota State University (NDSU) Extension, Montana State University Extension and the University of Wyoming Extension will be hosting a series of webinars on June 8, 10, 15, 17 and 22 from 6:30-8 p.m. MT (7:30-9 p.m. CST)
Anyone who is interested in learning more about beef cattle mineral nutrition and what they can do to improve their own mineral program should attend this program.
- Gain knowledge and understanding
- Opportunity to submit forage and water samples for a greater understanding of resources
- Finding a product that meets the nurtritional needs of their cattle
- The June sessions will provide basic knowlesge about mineral nutrition along with tools to help producers successfully monitor mineral consumption and make adjustments to increase consumption.
- Second part during the summer includes the submission of forage and water samples to Ward Laboratories, which has partnered with Extension to provide a discount for participants to get their samples analyzed. Once the Extension personnel receive the results, they will work with the participants to inerpret the results and determine what changes could be beneficial to the operation.
- Individual ranch visists will be held with each participant throughout the summer, focusing on ranch specific goals. Addisitonal webinars to wrap up the program will be held in the fall, dates TBD.
- Educational sessions in the fall, where all of the information that has been shared over the previous five months is brought together in an applied format.
The cost of the program is $130 per operation. Contact Megan Van Emon, MSU Extension Beef Cattle Specialist, at 406-874-8286 or email@example.com with questions.